Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Big Trout on the White River in Arkansas!

World Record Trout on The White River, This is The Place!

You want big trout? Well what better place than the White River in Arkansas and if you have the time, don't forget about the Little Red River at night. My pal John Wilson is the go-to guy when it comes to big fish in those parts so "When" you make your trip that way, because I know eventually you will; Call John and get onto some Monster Brown Trout! He always helps me out when I'm out for Big fish at night and looking for various tactics to try so thanks a ton.

Frank Smethurst, a fellow Georgia/Colorado resident and UGA alumni, has been hitting the road again this past year for his show TU "Trout Unlimited's On The Rise" and after my last conversation with him a few weeks back he still get's bright eyed when I talked to him about his Beast Brown, nice going Frank and can't wait to see on you on some local waters again here in Colorado when you're not traveling or shooting videos. Congrats also on your newborn as well. TU is still important to me seeing how I spent years as the Activities/Programs director here at the Denver Trout Unlimited's Chapter, so checkout his episode of the White River Brown if you can.

Bookmark and Share
MORE AT FLYFISH ADDICTION
WEBSITESMALL


2 comments:

Ken Morrow said...

ah, now you're talking 'bout my home waters. big trout isn't the only thing that put the mountain home area atop the field & stream list of top fly fishing destinations in the us last year, but it certainly didn't hurt. the last 3 world record brown trout came from the white river or her tribs. but low trip costs, a yearround fishing season, and wonderful hospitality were also cited as hallmarks advantages of the area. frank and crew shot the tu episode in the dead of winter. late fall through the winter is traditionally the highest probability shot at the truly huge browns.

Troutdawg said...

Absolutely and I can't wait to get back down there myself....ahh just the thought of those big fish get's me excited!