Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Photo Slideshow: Snorkeling for Greenback Cutthroat


Photo Slideshow: Snorkeling for Greenback Cutthroat

Last Friday I punished myself with a four mile hike, up a couple thousand feet in to Rocky Mountain National Park to try and get a glimpse of the underwater world of the greenback trout in one of my favorite "close lakes" to fish. I brought my underwater housing, dry suit, snorkel, and way too much camera gear. Like 50 or 60 pounds worth... The premise was to shoot some underwater footage for a book project that I'm working on with friend Geoff Mueller, and show a handful of my friends the fishery.


Slideshow Link





Bookmark and Share
MORE AT FLYFISH ADDICTION

FTOTHEA

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pics!!

Mark Kautz said...

You do look a bit over dressed for the occasion, but if the water was 43 degrees like it was here in Nor Cal this morning, warm is always better.

Mark

Troutdawg said...

Shoreman,
Yeah I think Tim stayed pretty warm with that wetsuit so I would have hated to see how could it was wihtout that outfit!

Troutdawg said...

Cutthroat,

Definitely some pretty pictures, love those underwater cameras!