Monday, June 20, 2011

Another Carp Outing..

Take The good With The Bad

Yes it was another fine day to hit some Carp spots and try my luck. I decided to hit my honey hole on the South Platte last Sunday for a few hours chasing Golden Bonefish. When I say "try my luck" that's exactly what happened. After two hours of fishing and trying 10 various patterns, hardly any takers!


carp trash

I got a little thirsty so when this came floating by, I had to have it! Yes you never know what you can catch when fishing the South Platte River. I did manage one hook up after 20 refusals on a 15lb Carp that worked me over into some brush, that's what they do. For those who enjoy chasing this elusive fish, you may want to test yourself in the upcoming Denver Carp Slam. This will put you with the best of the best in Carp fishing amongst the fly fishing community.



A little teaser from my day I thought you would enjoy


Bookmark and Share

MORE AT FLYFISH ADDICTION
FTOTHEA



5 comments:

testflycarpin said...

It is no wonder thigs were a little slow. Your hops-and-barley fly looks a little too big. Maybe downsize to a size 10/0 next time.

Troutdawg said...

Ha no kidding! I guess when the fish aren't biting catching some brews aren't a bad thing~

tarot said...

Hello there, I found your website via Google while looking for a related topic, your web site came up, it looks great. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

Fishguy said...

Hard to beat catching a buzz when the fishing slows, nice!

Troutdawg said...

The south platte has got it all I tell ya!