Friday, March 16, 2012

Carp Fishing in The Winter or Spring, it's All Good!


Winter Carp on The South Platte
Winter FFA Carp Link

With all of this warm weather lately there's one thing on everyone's mind....Carp on the Platte! Yes this is a picture from a Carp taken in between snowfalls, no not this year (still waiting to get me one in 2012) but this was taken February 2011 in between snowstorms. 2011 was a fantastic Carp year for me and now with 2012 in my sights, this could be an even better year.

What is it about this weather lately that has gotten everyone all amped up about chasing Golden, is it the fact that no one wants to fight all of that ski traffic on I70, or is it the fact that Carp are slowly becoming one of the top targeted species on Colorado to chase now?

I will let you decide whether it's for you or not....if your idea of fishing close to home on a bright sunny day without crowds, gas money or slow biting trout than Winter carp fishing may be for you!

Fly Fish Addiction Winter Carp Link



Bookmark and Share
MORE AT FLYFISH ADDICTION

FTOTHEA

7 comments:

Gregg said...

You guys are near 80F now, or so my news said. I say get out there!

Gregg

cofisher said...

I think I'll stick with my new found "like" bluegill and bass.

testflycarpin said...

What? Its not Summer? You sure, because pretty sure I got heat stroke on the river today!

Troutdawg said...

Gregg,

We're definitely lovin this weather lately!

Troutdawg said...

Howard,

Ha...yeah Carp isn't for everyone but bass and bluegill are a ton of fun as well!

Troutdawg said...

McTage,

I'm jealous of all the Carpin you've been doing. we need to get out and fish this Spring!

Anonymous said...

I got the Carp bug as well and hope to head out this week for a few here in Florida.