Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Big Trout on the Fraser River Colorado!


So the Rivers are up and everyone says stay at home...Hogwash!! Get out and search for some big fish when high water hits.
Tips for Fishing Colorado's Rivers in The Summertime

A few of us were bored with Lake fishing recently since that's all we've been doing for the last month so we decided to hit some rivers, mostly that of the Fraser. For those that don't know about the Fraser it's somewhat os a small river but in a few areas it opens up and turns into a decent little fishery. A fishery that is known for 3-4 weight water fishing that is.

On this fine day I got lucky and though the water was up, murky and not the greatest for catching fish, we had crazy luck on our side and a few hotspots only a few locals know about. After hearing much, reading some and watching a bit on Landon Mayer on "How To Catch Big Fish" I did what most Denver fisherman do, got lucky! I saw this beast just ever so carefully go by me and I went after her! Thank goodness my small net worked


borski


What did I catch it on....well a Borski Saltwater of all things, when nothing else works I go for a little Saltwater action to practice my Saltwater fly patterns to get ready for upcoming trips.


P5290031
Steve hitting a Honey Hole that disagreed with his Saltwater flies! Brian did manage a few on some Black wolly's though, despite my willingness to shy away from what worked for me.


Don't forget to try and streamer, duhh but have you tried it with an indicator and float it down a few stretches to see what happens, try that for more aciton!


Similar Threads


Bookmark and Share
MORE AT FLYFISH ADDICTION

FTOTHEA

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fish...didn't know the Frasier had fish like that in there? Where were you at

Shane

Anonymous said...

That's a big fish for the Fraz, nice going.

Jet

Troutdawg said...

Yeah you never know, she was a Spook fish for sure...just came floating by in time to grab!

Anonymous said...

It is useful to try everything in practice anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)