Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Alaska in September! Big Kenai River Rainbows

It's Alaska Season Again

What place can you think of that has more big bows than anywhere else this time of year? Why Alaska of course and on the mighty Kenai River!

Every year I find myself flying to Alaska for one of my many favorite trips of the year. This year was a little different, well when you spend a week in Montana, have a girlfriend and are headed back to Florida shortly for some fun, targeting big Rainbows in Alaska got shot down this year darn it. No thanks to my Pal Colin who will I'm sure provide me with his money shots from this weeks 8 day trip chasing rainbows on the Kenai...you lucky bastard!

Last years Alaska trip came only a day short from landing some mega Bows, I'm talking on average 10-12lbs were being caught by our pals after I left on the Middle Kenai!!! It's always a day late and a dollar short. I did manage some nice 8-10lb bows though sight fishing, which for me takes the cake when you can actually sight fish to a double digit trout. Before that trip my prior trip we also had
some fun but the weather played some tricks on us so we instead landed more Silvers and Steelhead than big bows. One thing about Fall fishing in Alaska is don't forget to bring your appetite, catching some salmon and grilling fireside on the river is about as good as it gets for me!

One last shot to send this one out, it came to us via our pals at Way Upstream blogsite. Don't forget to target some Artic Char this Fall as well, the colors will blow your mind whether it's in Alaska or in the Northern Territory.


bigchar
Bookmark and Share
MORE AT FLYFISH ADDICTION

FTOTHEA

No comments: