Whether You've Been Naughty or Nice...Fishing Gear will be on The List!
Ok let's hear it, you've been waiting an waiting to either till your SO about what goodies you've been keeping an eye on or that Trip for 2009 that you just have to go to!
Or if you're like me, you're trying for it all , new equipment, simms clothing and a Trip or Two, How? Well no SO anymore, fishing connections for a few DIY trips to come and my eye set on a 1090-4 Sage Xi2.
"If I get one out of three, believe you me I'll be as happy as a Puppy with two peters!"
Top Christmas Wishlist I've heard include:
1) Sage Skagit River soft shell - $300 Waterproof zippers, adjustable, watertight cuffs and four-way stretch, breathable material. Throw in a hood, partially rubberized sleeves and expandable handwarmer pockets and you have a dream come true. This high performance jacket from Sage shirks the Gore-Tex trend and offers anglers the same weather protection in a comfortable, soft shell design.
2) Scott S4 5 or 6 weight - $675 The long-awaited Scott S4 is here. Light and quick, this S3 upgrade casts a long, tight loop that even the most jaded gear freak will grin at. Check the details out here.
3) Sage Z-Axis - $670 to $880 Sage's replacement for the vaunted XP has proven to be a hit. This line up has something for everyone, from the popular 5 and 6 weight to light tackle rods like their 9 foot, three weight.
Heck, they even have a complete spey series starting with a 12 foot, 6 inch 5 weight and ending with a 16 foot 10 weight!
4) RIO Fly Lines RIO Gold - $64.95There's no sense spending big bucks on a rod if you don't have the right line!
Looking for a line that does it all? The RIO Gold from (duh) RIO fly lines is the answer.
Long bombs, roll and switch casts are all equally accomplished with this line. An extended back taper not only helps you mend better, it helps you throw the kind of tight loops that give other lines complexes.
5) Simms updated G3 and G4 waders - $400 and $700,
Getting in the water is a chilly undertaking in the Rockies, especially during the winter time, placing comfort at a premium.
Either of these waders will keep you dry and happy all day long in the field. The gold-standard G3's have been updated for 2008, featuring a new chest pocket design and new seam placement to facilitate better articulation for those days you wander off the beaten path.
MORE AT FLYFISH ADDICTION