Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fall Fishing In The Rockies..Looking For Big Trout!

Fall Means One Thing...Great Fishing!

Fall is by and large my favorite time of the year to fish. When there's gorgeous 70' days, fall colors, big fish getting anxious and a hallpass to get away, I'm all about chasing some trout! Where do I like to go and meet up with friends? Small water or big water it doesn't matter to me. This time I met up with a few friends due west of Denver and the bite was on all weekend long.


big bow
Sight fishing big rainbows was the name of the game. Fall means big browns but in this case, big rainbows needed some loving as well so I was happy to oblige. I saw this young lady looming in the distance and after about an hour she was mine, ahh the joy of sight fishing with a size #22 hares ear!


browny duskmidnight
The Midnight bite can never go wrong, I just need to watch my backcast and be careful of my tandem streamers whizzing by my head at 50mph! What better way to enjoy a great time out than to grab my headlamp, 6wt G loomis, big net and a few favorite patterns to chase some big boys.



Travis and Mark with some tandem action! Double hook ups never means a bad start to the day and 2 minutes later Troutdawg was hooked up as well! The weather treated us nicely and despite a few people with the same intentions, it all worked out just fine. Nice PMD hatches, midges and more midges, light tippets, plenty of sunscreen and good poloraized glasses were all that mattered this weekend.

Click on for larger view


Checkout These Similar Threads




Bookmark and Share
MORE AT FLYFISH ADDICTION

FTOTHEA

2 comments:

Troutdawg said...

"Looks like a great weekend! I'm definitely envious."
By Stephanie & Dustin

*Sorry my posting function was acting up today, thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

Sweet fish pictures and Fall colors!


Dave