Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Carp on the South Platte!


More on the Flyfishaddiction website

Carp Season has been in full swing for a bit now, though many of the Goldens have been in spawn mood for awhile, they are still up for a bite! Got 3 tonight even though I lost 5 on my last 2 trips. Most near Commerce City since they have been hitting up there lately.


I have been getting out a bunch lately for some Big Carp....I'm talking 15-25lbs if possible. Yes easier said than done but that's what I'm up for. Don't get me wrong I love to catch any Carp (if so lucky) those 3-8lbs are fun but it's time for some Big Boys and some fights!! These are from tonight on the Platte...enjoy~

GONE-BABY-GONE
Can you say Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaacking!! One I Caught took me thru 110 feet of line on my 8 weight and most of my 150 in Backing....Crazy!!


P5170006
Fly of choice...never use anything smaller than an 8 or even a 10 unless you want a bent hook~


And those experts say the River is way too high or muddy to fish, not me, if you know where to look you can get lucky.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Carp Shots!


Frank

tarpon fishing said...

Good blog you have with good information about fishing.

Troutdawg said...

Thanks for the comment!