Friday, May 21, 2010

Hooked on Denver's Project Healing Waters!

Great Day Out Fishing With Project Healing Waters

I recently had an opportunity to help out with Denver's Project Healing Waters Chapter. We had a great time taking local vets out here in the Front Range area!! Special thanks to Scott from the Colorado Division of Wildlife, Brian, David, Bill, Rachel, Jeff from Umpqua Feather Merchants, Larry from Fly Fishing Crazy, Dan from Channel 9 News, TFO Fly rods, and all of the PHWFF volunteers for helping to make ...some huge smiles on some well deserving Veterans!!!
project healing waters

Without the help of Nathan (he runs the National Saltwater PHWFF chair and still waiting for me to put him on a carp) for putting this all together, it would definitely not have been such a huge success. My pal Tom did an amazing job at catching fish this day. Though I gave him a few tips to use, a top secret mohair fly and his #1 net man, Tom was on a mission catching close to 25 trout when I left that day. Tom won the award for the most fish caught that day and I was just happy to be along for the ride! Great bunch of guys and can't wait to do it again soon

No comments: