Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fly Fishing North Georgia's Rivers...The Toccoa is On The Radar

North Georgia Has It All!

So it's that time of year again back in Georgia, no not College Football and no not about Hunting..it's that time of year again for our Annual "20 years now" Canoe trip. My pops has been organizing this grande trip every year from as far back as I can remember and it was that time again. Unfortunately I haven't been able to make it in a few years but they're only too happy to send me pictures and to keep me updated as to how much fun they had again this year. The Toccoa River was their choice and I heard it didn't dissapoint.

Every year we pick a different River mostly in North Georgia if not in North Carolina. My favorites for our canoe-camping trips have easily been the Chattooga, Amicolola, Little Tenneessee and the Nantahala over the years. Every River is different yet captures something special to each one who floats it.

For those not accustomed to floating or even fishing back South, it's well worth it! I grew up doing it and still aspire to get back and to do it as much as possible while living in the Rockies these last 13 years.






I can't wait to get back again to smell that Mountain Laurel and Rhododendron flowers after it rains. Be prepared, it rains a bunch and the fishing can light up as soon as it rains, the rivers also rise quickly but drop the next day so be prepared. Whether canoeing or kayaking these great rivers, it's the fond memories that brings you back here again and again.








Bookmark and Share

MORE AT FLYFISH ADDICTION
FTOTHEA

No comments: